I'm starting this post before camp is officially over, so there may be some disconnect mid-post, please ignore.
The first picture was actually from pre-band camp, last week. She's been looking forward to marching season since last year ended!
This year on Sunday night, I had to talk her into a picture with the sign, but I was happy to get one!
And last year's for fun!
I also had to chase her down to capture one with her baton. I was waiting for instructions from the color guard instructor about uniforms, so I didn't have anything better to do.
Monday morning, Emily was ready to march!
Today was twin day at band camp, and Emily was twinning with River, but wanted to bring 'her twins' to practice too! With the additional children in tow, I forgot a morning picture of Emily today.
The parking lot looked really pretty when the band went on break, and the instruments were all carefully marking positions on the practice field.
Twin picture!
And what the twins did for most of the time while I was 'working.'
One more picture during lunch, since three of us were leaving after I helped clean up the tables!
Maybe because next year Emily will be driving, so I can feel that the end is near, Band camp felt really, really long.
On Thursday, the seniors 'decorate' for their senior prank, this year's theme was Halloween. It's the longest day of band camp, at 14 hours, since they do senior celebration and band awards after the official camp is complete.
Emily was awarded "Little Miss Sunshine in My Pocket" by the drum majors, and a separate "Little Miss Sunshine" award from her section leader! Both well deserved, in my opinion!
Today was a half day, with a performance for the parents at noon.
Avia joined us in the stands, and walked the kids* over to the Kona Ice truck, where they ran into our favorite twirler!!!

It was her first ever performance as feature twirler, and she did an amazing job! She smiled and exuded confidence throughout! I took almost 300 pictures and just couldn't dwindle it down anymore, so there are still so many! These were my absolute favorites!
All sweaty, but happy, with her boyfriend Malichai!

In true Emily form, she woke up excited and happy each morning, despite long days and late nights! This afternoon she's at a friend's pool party which will have a sleepover for the girls at the end.
It's kind of sad to think that she is now halfway through her high school band camps! = (
later days
*Alice didn't want a snow cone, and so just stayed with me in the stands, but she was there, cheering Emily on!















No comments:
Post a Comment