Snowball Dance

This year, the snowball dance was on a Saturday afternoon, which was lovely timing! After dropping Emily at her friend's skating party, I went home to pick up the twins for their dance!

Our first stop was the photo booth. 


As soon as Weston saw us, he asked after William.  Since William was just hanging out at home, I messaged him to see if he wanted to join us.  So, he got ready and I went to collect him, while his mom was 'in charge*' of the twins.

Not long after returning, I found that Juliet won the cake walk, and picked out some cookie monster cupcakes!

Then, Grace won the cakewalk and picked out some minion cupcakes!

Try as he might, William couldn't win, so the twins helped him by going again.  He did finally win a small sheet cake that he split with Emily when they got home.

Aside from the cakewalk, there were games, snacks, and of course the dance!!!

At the very end was a raffle.  


Only students were eligible to win, and on the very last prize, Juliet won!  Her prize was a frosty tag from Wendy's. = )  Grace, poor tired girl, did not handle this graciously. = (  Poor Juliet, she can't even share the prize, though she certainly would have.

I dropped off Juliet and William, and Grace came with me to collect Emily.  By the time Emily got into the car Grace had mostly recovered herself, but it hurts my mom heart so much to not be able to solve this problem for her.  I really wish I could make life completely fair for her, and all of my dear ones.   

The next day, Billy went and bought frosties for everyone, and by then most of the hurt was gone.  It was still a good time, even with the sadish end.

It was a fun February, and promises to be a fun March as well!!!

*an adult presences was required, so they knew to find her if something were to happen.  the drive home and back took under 5 minutes, since William was ready to go!

edit 3-23-24: backdated for continuity.

No comments:

Post a Comment