Outside, in February!

Near the end of February, the big kids got a 5 day weekend, and the twins got an entire week off of school! There were several days in a row with pretty weather, and the twins were all about getting outside to ride their bikes and chalk up the sidewalk!

Emily joined them when she could, but they did much of the art alone.


After adding air to all the bike tires*, we found that Grace's bike needed a new tube, so we made a quick trip to the bike shop to get it replaced.  She said it was much easier to ride. = )

They took some pictures as it grew dark one night, and this art looked like it was glowing!














I was going to Carl's, and since it was so pretty, thought I would take my bike there.  The twins wanted to come along too.  Sadly, they didn't have the red curry powder that I was after, but I did get the twins a treat to share with their siblings.


And on Tuesday, it was above 50F before school, which is the criteria I set forth for the twins to ride to school.  So, we rode our bikes!  We had to dismount to cross the bridge and in front of the storefronts, but rode the rest of the way.  


My trip home was much faster, as I was able to stay on the road most of the trip, and didn't have to dismount. My return trip to retrieve them was also fast, but slow going on the way home. = )

We've had a high number of 70 degree days this year so far, and I'm really happy about it!  The extended forecast isn't looking as promising though.

later days

 *no good deed goes unpunished.  On my final tire, on the final bike, Emily's, the cap had rusted onto the tube.  It took two pairs of pliers and a knife to break off the cap so that I could fill it.  = (

3-1-24 edit: backdated for continuity.

No comments:

Post a Comment