Murder Mystery: An Affair to Dismember

After our Murder Mystery event in March, I absolutely could not wait to have another!  We always enjoy our yearly July event, but if one is fun, what about a second one?  So, In July, I found a second group (so that I don't over burden the summer group) of people who had mentioned maybe wanting to join us for a party!

This one was kind of a spooky theme, set in Transylvania, with monsters and of course murder!

The weather was particularly pleasant, so we set up on the porch again.  My mom helped me find 7 freebie chairs, as well as a free table and some free sheets!  The background came from the Daily Dealz store in the mall, but they have since closed. = (

 

The vase I bought for a different theme, and the sticks were collected from our backyard and sprayed with old spray-paint from Sarah's basement. = )


Grace did a fantastic job labelling the cheeses!  She did the dripping blood freehand!  I was super impressed!

I scored the black dishes from the MSU thrift store and free and cheap store, including black salad bowls!!!

The one decoration that I splurged on were the black chair ties.  They totally brought the whole set up together, so I don't regret it, but wish I could have come up with a 'creative' solution!


For dinner I made a Transylvanian Stew and bought some Panera bread bowls to put it in (but of course forgot to take a picture of all the food!)

Our guests provided some awesome appetizers, desserts, and food for the kids!

Kim was the only one of us who guessed the murderer correctly!  Turns out it was 

(highlight text for spoilers)  ::         Steve, as Hannibal Schlechter        ::

We had a great time, and are so thankful for a new group of friends who dress up and solve the mystery with us!

Clockwise from the bottom, Natalie- Clairvoyant, Steve - Cannibal, Kristy - Scary Dentist, David- Frankenstein, Mark - Mummy, Kim - Human fiancée of the deceased, Billy - Vampire, Tami - Witch! 


later days

edit 11-5-23: backdated for continuity.

No comments:

Post a Comment