Alice's 15th Birthday Party!!

This year, we had Alice's birthday the weekend before her big day.  She invited friends from her old school and new school!  Her theme this year was pink Christmas.  (Yes, my summer baby loves the cold!)

I saw an idea online that you could punch 'confetti' out of leaves, so that it was completely compostable after the party!  I loved the idea, and after finding a pink leaf on the ground, borrowed a Christmas tree puncher from Ms. Jones' classroom.*


So, this particular piece of decor was completely free!


The next craft was a cardboard Christmas tree.  We already had the carboard box and the paint, so the base was free, and Alice found the bobbles at a rummage sale!  The finished product was almost as tall as Grace!


On party day, everyone loves to help decorate! 


Almost all of the other directions came from the same rummage sale mentioned above, or from the Goodwill outlet.


Chick-fil-a seems to be our default for at home parties.  No one complains. = )


After snapping this picture, I recommended that maybe they should move to the other room, where everyone might be a little more comfortable!


Alice's goody 'bag.'  A rock for every occasion!


I'm pretty sure that this was Alice's favorite gift: a dino mask from Melony!


Alice wanted an ice cream cake, and I told her I could probably make one! She was a little skeptical, but the cake turned out really well!  Sadly, she served it up before I took a picture (I was trying to get it back into the freezer before the ice cream melted) or before we could sing to her! So, this is the picture of her birthday cake.  The pink on it was edible glitter, and while it didn't photograph very well, it was pretty and shiny!



Close ups of some of the decorations that Alice hand-picked.



The confetti on the table!


A couple of the bobbles were cupcakes!  So cute.


Pink water balloons, a wrapping box that's so old it's hip again, and a confetti balloon from Grace's personal stash.  = )


Adorable vintage pitcher that we used to hold the lemonade packs!


Lots and lots of pink!



Since we didn't go back through the rummage sale finds again before the day of the party, the raw edge towel fabric was used to cover the chairs, and Grace added some flair with streamers!


This was one of her most expensive pieces, I think it was $3, but don't recall.  It was super cute though!


My happy birthday girl!


Her friends were so sweet, and I think she had a good time**!  

later days

*I may have been just slightly nosey during one of my sub days for her when I spied her drawer of punchers.  She very sweetly let me borrow it!

**until she was done and just went to lay down without giving instructions or recommendations to anyone.  Thankfully she has siblings who were able to take over the slack, because I wasn't prepared to entertain her friends!

edit 9-9-24: backdated for continuity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment